'Idol' Alums Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina Flub Thanksgiving Performances (Video)
Audiences watching the Macy's parade and the Lions/Packers game witness fumbles from the singers.
American Idol alums Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina suffered performance malfunctions at two widely-watched events on Thanksgiving.
McCreery, the most recent winner of Fox's singing competition, was caught lip-syncing at Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade when the vocals to "The Trouble With Girls" began several seconds before he put the microphone near his mouth.
NBC cut away from a close-up of the singer, who recovered enough to finish the song in time with the recorded music.
Alaina's goof happened while singing the "Star Spangled Banner" at the Detroit Lions/Green Bay Packers game, broadcast on Fox. The Season 10 runner-up started off well enough but when she got to the line, "What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming," she stopped midway through, allowing a few beats of silence to pass before she resumed.
Fox commentator Joe Buck commented after the performance, "It's all about how you finish."
Alaina later tweeted, "I'm not a robot. I have No excuses. I messed up. You know what can ya do. At Least didn't fall down again" and "Thank you everyone for the kind words. But the truth is I messed up. I'm gonna spend the rest of the day being thankful for all my blessings."
Alaina joins a long line of singers who have goofed during national anthem performances. McCreery restarted his version of the song during the World Series in Oct., Christina Aguilera mixed up lyrics at this year's Super Bowl, and Cyndi Lauper botched the song at tennis' U.S. Open in Sept., to name a few.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'The Magnificent Seven' Shoots Straight To Top Of The Box Office With $35 Million Debut
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Isaiah Washington Urges All African-Americans To Boycott Work
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- The Magnificent Seven Performed Magnificently at the Box Office This Weekend
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon Talks Beyoncé, Pepsi and Corporate Partnerships: ‘You Have to Believe in Something’
- The Nirvana Nevermind Baby Recreated the Famous Cover and He Looks Exactly the Same (No, Not Really, He Got Older)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity