'Idol' Alums Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina Flub Thanksgiving Performances (Video)
Audiences watching the Macy's parade and the Lions/Packers game witness fumbles from the singers.
American Idol alums Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina suffered performance malfunctions at two widely-watched events on Thanksgiving.
McCreery, the most recent winner of Fox's singing competition, was caught lip-syncing at Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade when the vocals to "The Trouble With Girls" began several seconds before he put the microphone near his mouth.
NBC cut away from a close-up of the singer, who recovered enough to finish the song in time with the recorded music.
Alaina's goof happened while singing the "Star Spangled Banner" at the Detroit Lions/Green Bay Packers game, broadcast on Fox. The Season 10 runner-up started off well enough but when she got to the line, "What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming," she stopped midway through, allowing a few beats of silence to pass before she resumed.
Fox commentator Joe Buck commented after the performance, "It's all about how you finish."
Alaina later tweeted, "I'm not a robot. I have No excuses. I messed up. You know what can ya do. At Least didn't fall down again" and "Thank you everyone for the kind words. But the truth is I messed up. I'm gonna spend the rest of the day being thankful for all my blessings."
Alaina joins a long line of singers who have goofed during national anthem performances. McCreery restarted his version of the song during the World Series in Oct., Christina Aguilera mixed up lyrics at this year's Super Bowl, and Cyndi Lauper botched the song at tennis' U.S. Open in Sept., to name a few.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'Jungle Book' Continues To Rule The Box Office As 'Mother's Day' Fails To Impress
- Patton Oswalt Shares Touching Quote From 7-Year-Old Daughter After Wife's Death
- DJ Khaled Was 'Talking Mogul Talk' With Arianna Huffington At White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Kendall Jenner Was Starstruck For The 'First Time Ever' After Meeting Obama
- Radiohead Erases All Social Media and Their Website Has Faded to White; Is This an Anti-Viral Marketing Campaign?
- Ringling Bros. Circus Will Feature Performing Elephants for the Final Time Tonight
- What, You Thought Carrie Fisher Wasn't Going to Bring Her Dog, Gary Fisher, to the Correspondents' Dinner?
- Why Mark Schultz Isn't in Team Foxcatcher