THR's 'Idol Hangover' Live Talk Show Kicks Off With Past Finalists Blake Lewis and Didi Benami
The Hollywood Reporter's first live original series hosted by music editor Shirley Halperin and THR.com editor Joseph Kapsch will feature "American Idol" alumni guests, in-studio performances and Season 11 interviews. The pilot webisode debuts Friday, March 2 at 11 a.m. PST/2 p.m. EST.
The Hollywood Reporter will premiere THR.com's first talk show "Idol Hangover" on Friday, March 2 live from Hollywood.
The series, hosted by THR music editor Shirley Halperin and THR.com editor Joseph Kapsch, will feature commentary and analysis of the week's performances and elimination during lively discussions with a rotating roster of past seasons' finalists, show insiders and top "American Idol" media personalities from around the country.
THR has also tapped Season 9 finalist Didi Benami as special "Idol" correspondent for the season. Didi's red carpet and backstage interviews with the show's judges and Top 13 contenders will also be featured on THR.com's "Idol Hangover," taking fanatical viewers even closer to the search for the music industry's next Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.
Joining Didi on the couch for the inaugural "Idol Hangover" episode will also be Season 6's runner-up Blake Lewis, as well as a special visit from THR's "Idol" contributor Fred Bronson.
The show will feature in-studio performances and viewers will get the opportunity to interact with guests via THR's official @Idol_Worship Twitter account by using the #idolhangover hashtag.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Ben Affleck Casts Chris Messina to Play His Friend (Just Like You’ve Always Wanted to Do)
- The Knocks and Glee’s Alex Newell Slay the Dance Floor in Their ‘Collect My Love’ Video
- Justin Bieber Will Be on The Tonight Show for a Whole Week (Because He Knows You Need Him After a Hard Day, Baby)
- AMC Is Planning a Stand-alone Episode of Zombies on a Plane
- Dylan Penn Shares Tea Time with DJs Sama & Haya at Just Jared's 'Way Too Wonderland' Presented by Ever After High
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: I Had a Sheltered Upbringing
- Jaden Smith Makes It a Boys' Night Out at Just Jared's Wonderland Party
- Jennifer Lopez: 'Clothes Are an Expression of the Music I Create'