'Today' Show: 'American Idol's' David Cook Performs New Single (Video)
The singer hit the NBC show with his new song, "The Last Goodbye."
The Today show welcomed American Idol Season 7 winner, David Cook on Tuesday. The singer performed his first song from his second album, This Loud Morning.
In an interview with Ann Curry, he calls the new album a “therapeutic outlet” after the loss of his brother to brain cancer and talks about how a recent performance with Staten Island’s PS 22 (who appeared on this year’s Oscars singing “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”) came together.
"I sent them a youtube video asking if they wanted to perform the single off the new album with me,” Cook says. “They were very awesome and obliging to do so. We went out to Staten Island and hung out with them for an afternoon and had a lot of fun. We ended up playing like four or five songs.”
Cook's new album is available now.
Watch the performance below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts
- 7 Reasons Weird Al Won the Internet and Topped the Charts
- Dakota Fanning on 'Very Good Girl' Sex Scenes: 'I Wasn’t Very Uncomfortable With It'
- Lily Allen Dedicates 'As Long As I Got You' Music Video to Glastonbury Memories - Watch Now!
- Azealia Banks & Jourdan Dunn Are Navy Ladies for French Connection #NeverMissATrick Launch Party
- Jennifer Hudson Advises 'Don't Expect Respect When You Don't Respect Nothing!'