'American Idol' Alum David Archuleta Returns From Mormon Mission (Video)
The season seven runner-up spent two years in Chile.
David Archuleta has returned home to Utah from his two-year service as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The American Idol season seven runner-up announced his homecoming in a YouTube video, to the delight of Archie devotees everywhere.
“I’m home,” said the smiling 23-year old singer wearing the traditional missionary attire of a suit jacket, white dress shirt and tie.
While in the Missionary Training Center, Archuleta performed in a Mormon choir for its general conference. He also gave two special Christmas performances that were held on the Santiago Chile Temple grounds. During that time, he had little contact with his family or the outside world.
Watch Archuleta's homecoming in the video below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Why Comedian/Podcaster Marc Maron is a Preist and a Prophet
- Newport Folk Festival Celebrates 50 Years Since Bob Dylan Went Electric
- As Duggar Dad Ran On A Political Platform Saying Rape And Incest Merited Capital Punishment, He Was Covering Up His Son's Actions
- WTF! Merriam-Webster Adds A Bunch Of Internet Slang To Dictionary
- Little Mix on Giving 'Pretty Girls' to Britney Spears: 'We Knew We Could Do Better'
- Brad Pitt Happily Greets His Fans in the Big Apple
- This Drake Lookalike Hypnotized Howie Mandel on 'America's Got Talent' Season 10 Premiere! (Video)
- Edgar Ramirez & Luke Bracey Are Extreme Sports Addicts in 'Point Break' Reboot Trailer - Watch Now!