'American Idol' Alum David Archuleta Returns From Mormon Mission (Video)
The season seven runner-up spent two years in Chile.
David Archuleta has returned home to Utah from his two-year service as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The American Idol season seven runner-up announced his homecoming in a YouTube video, to the delight of Archie devotees everywhere.
“I’m home,” said the smiling 23-year old singer wearing the traditional missionary attire of a suit jacket, white dress shirt and tie.
While in the Missionary Training Center, Archuleta performed in a Mormon choir for its general conference. He also gave two special Christmas performances that were held on the Santiago Chile Temple grounds. During that time, he had little contact with his family or the outside world.
Watch Archuleta's homecoming in the video below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- American Horror Story: Roanoke Recap: I'm Not Here to Make Friends
- J.K. Rowling's Crime Books Are Being Adapted As an HBO Series That's Limited — For Now
- Hey, Not Sure If You Heard, But Justin Timberlake Voted Early And It Went Great
- Kevin Gates Sentenced to 6 Months in Jail for Kicking Woman at Concert
- Kate Beckinsale Makes Appearance On 'Late Night' After Ex Len Wiseman Files for Divorce!
- Miley Cyrus Addresses Her Engagement Ring: I Wear It Because Liam Hemsworth Loves Me!
- Gabrielle Union Celebrates Birthday At 'Almost Christmas' Atlanta Premiere!
- Justin Timberlake & Jimmy Fallon Sing Alanis Morissette's 'Ironic' In 'Tonight Show' Summer Camp Sketch - Watch Now!