'American Idol' Alum David Archuleta Returns From Mormon Mission (Video)
The season seven runner-up spent two years in Chile.
David Archuleta has returned home to Utah from his two-year service as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The American Idol season seven runner-up announced his homecoming in a YouTube video, to the delight of Archie devotees everywhere.
“I’m home,” said the smiling 23-year old singer wearing the traditional missionary attire of a suit jacket, white dress shirt and tie.
While in the Missionary Training Center, Archuleta performed in a Mormon choir for its general conference. He also gave two special Christmas performances that were held on the Santiago Chile Temple grounds. During that time, he had little contact with his family or the outside world.
Watch Archuleta's homecoming in the video below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor