'Voice' Coach Debra Byrd Appointed Vocal Chair at Musicians Institute
The former "American Idol" coach will balance her new role with her duties on the NBC music show.
For singers with vocal problems, a surefire solution is hiring one woman: Debra Byrd.
"I could be performing in a show, and they’d say, go to Byrd, she'll fix it," explained the former American Idol coach and current vocal coach of the NBC show The Voice in a Musicians Institute video. "And I would."
The coach has now joined the the Musicians Institute' Hollywood college of contemporary music as their Vocal Program chair. Byrd has previously taught master classes at the University.
"I never ever thought I’d be a coach," said Byrd of her storied career mentoring the likes of Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Carly Rae Jepsen, Jennifer Hudson and hundreds of singers from The Voice, American Idol, Canadian Idol, The Next, The Grammy Awards and High School Musical.
In her new role, which Byrd will juggle along with her duties on The Voice, she will interface with the school's administration, faculty and students while evaluating and creating new courses and events. She will report to the school's vp of Instruction and Curricular Development and the vp of Academic Affairs, according to a release.
“Musicians Institute is so important in the culture today," she said in a statement. "I feel very at home here. I'm looking forward to implementing techniques and ideas that are cutting-edge ... I think it'll be quite fascinating to the students and the faculty."
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar And Selma Blair Had The Best 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion
- Cabaret: Betty Buckley Shines A (Ghost) Light At Joe's Pub
- 'Kung Fury' Released On YouTube In All Its '80s-Inspired Glory
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol' As 'Fake,' Calls It The 'Worst Experience' Of Her Life
- 'Entourage' Cast & Creator Doug Ellin Are Not Worried About Critics: 'We Were A Very Critically Acclaimed Show'
- Chace Crawford Hits Up Hugo's For Lunch After Memorial Day Getaway
- Emmanuelle Chriqui & Zendaya Hit Up The Reveal Of The Penthouse Inspired by Vivienne Westwood
- Rita Ora Keeps Smiling After A$AP Rocky's 'Better Things' Song Diss