Watch Jennifer Lopez Perform 'On the Floor' on 'American Idol'
The judge hit the stage on Thursday night's episode to perform the single, which is from her album "Love?"
Jennifer Lopez took the American Idol stage on Thursday night's episode to perform her single, "On the Floor."
The song features Pitbull, who joined Lopez for her Idol performance, which featured fire and shirtless dancers behind glass boxes.
The performance was actually pretaped, even though viewers were led to believe it was live. Following the performance, host Ryan Seacrest told the viewing audience that they were waiting for Lopez to change before she returned to the stage.
(The official reason given for the pretaped performance had to do with concern over the safety of the audience during planned bits involving glass breaking. However, an audience can be seen watching Lopez perform.)
"You can expect some fun," Lopez told MTV News on Tuesday of the performance. "I don't want to give away too much. But you know we're gonna go out there, we're gonna do our thing. It's going to be a lot of fun. I don't even want to tell you what song we're doing, I just want you to watch."
"On the Floor" is from Lopez's latest album, Love?, which hit stores Tuesday. The single's video premiered during an episode of Idol in early March.
Lopez, who was recently named People's most beautiful woman, joined the Idol judging panel this season.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar And Selma Blair Had The Best 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion
- Cabaret: Betty Buckley Shines A (Ghost) Light At Joe's Pub
- 'Kung Fury' Released On YouTube In All Its '80s-Inspired Glory
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol' As 'Fake,' Calls It The 'Worst Experience' Of Her Life
- Chace Crawford Hits Up Hugo's For Lunch After Memorial Day Getaway
- Emmanuelle Chriqui & Zendaya Hit Up The Reveal Of The Penthouse Inspired by Vivienne Westwood
- Rita Ora Keeps Smiling After A$AP Rocky's 'Better Things' Song Diss
- Rashida Jones Talks 'Hot Girls Wanted' & Porn: It's Almost Part Of Our Mainstream