'American Idol' Final 3: Why Candice Glover Should Win
The vocal powerhouse snags the season-12 trophy for "Most Talented," hands down.
Why should Candice Glover win American Idol? Because she has the best voice in the competition -- by miles and miles.
Where some of her rivals stumbled during Burt Bacharach Week, Candice managed to spin musical gold out of the stale 1962 song "Don't Make Me Over," earning a standing ovation from the judges and inducing chills with her impassioned performance, especially on the resonant lyrics: "Accept me for what I am/Accept me for the things that I do."
That's when I first developed a massive sing-crush on Candice, whose successful run on Idol follows short-lived, blink-and-you-miss-'em stints on seasons nine and 11. Undaunted, she returned this year with a vengeance -- flaunting the rawness and nuances and power-punch of her dazzling, impeccable voice to win over the judges and make the other finalists seem amusingly amateurish in comparison.
For Nicki Minaj to cast doubt on Candice's marketability factor -- or insist the 23-year-old Drake fan-girl from St. Helena Island, S.C., is too "old-fashioned" to sell records -- makes less sense than Mariah Carey's rambling "hashtag POW" speeches and turns a blind eye to the artistic and commercial potential of the most consistent and competent performer on season 12. (But then again, like I've ranted before, SHE'S JUST TOO DAMN GOOD FOR THE SHOW.)
Sure, Angie Miller can play the piano, and Kree Harrison projects an effortless cool that you can't teach, but neither hold a candle to Candice in terms of talent.
And that's what American Idol should reward.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Kanye West Sleeps Off Orgy With Taylor Swift And Donald Trump In 'Famous' Music Video
- Watch Rory Gilmore Geek Out With Michelle Obama In 'Gilmore Girls' Teaser
- "Real Housewives of Orange County" star Heather Dubrow-"I Like To Think Of Myself As The Greek Chorus"
- Here's How Jay Z Is Celebrating The 20th Anniversary Of 'Reasonable Doubt'
- Former Hills Star Audrina Patridge Gives Birth to Daughter
- Master of None’s Shoukath Ansari on Auditioning Against 18 Actors to Play Himself, Selfie Requests, and Donald Trump
- Here's the Naked-People-In-Bed Painting That Influenced Kanye's 'Famous' Video
- Rory Gilmore Visited Michelle Obama at the White House, and You Just Know They Talked About Books