Phillip Phillips, Trisha Yearwood, Carlos Santana Confirmed for World Series
The Giants and Royals kick things off Tuesday on Fox
American Idol season 11 winner Phillip Phillips, Trisha Yearwood, Carlos Santana and Little Big Town are among the entertainers slated to perform the National Anthem at the 2014 World Series, a Fox spokesperson has confirmed.
Yearwood will kick things off Tuesday, singing "The Star-Spangled Banner" before Game 1 when the San Francisco Giants face the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Mo.
Phillips will make his second appearance singing at a World Series when he takes the mic before Game 2 on Wednesday. He last appeared in 2012, the year he won American Idol, when the Giants faced the Detroit Tigers. The singer took to Twitter to announce it himself, writing "I'll be performing the National Anthem before Game 2 of the #WorldSeries! Tune in to @FoxTV on Wednesday, October 22nd at 8pm ET to watch."
The series moves to San Francisco on Friday with country group Little Big Town. Santana takes the 4 p.m. slot Saturday for Game 4, when he performs an instrumental version of the song.
The games will air on Fox at 8 p.m. ET.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Watch Rory (Christiane) Aman-Pour It Up With Michelle Obama In 'Gilmore Girls' Teaser
- "Real Housewives of Orange County" star Heather Dubrow-"I Like To Think Of Myself As The Greek Chorus"
- Here's How Jay Z Is Celebrating The 20th Anniversary Of 'Reasonable Doubt'
- Top Chef Fan Favorite, Fabio Viviani on What NOT To Do When Cooking Pasta
- Former Hills Star Audrina Patridge Gives Birth to Daughter
- Master of None’s Shoukath Ansari on Auditioning Against 18 Actors to Play Himself, Selfie Requests, and Donald Trump
- Here's the Naked-People-In-Bed Painting That Influenced Kanye's 'Famous' Video
- Rory Gilmore Visited Michelle Obama at the White House, and You Just Know They Talked About Books