THR Names Music's 35 Top Hitmakers
This story first appeared in the Feb. 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
"There's never a song that's too hard to arrange," the Sweden-born Anders, 37, has said of his freakish ability to remix, well, anything into an instant iTunes hit. With more than 51 million songs and 13 million albums sold worldwide, Anders, guided by Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy and music supervisor PJ Bloom, has placed the Fox show's cast in such solid-gold company as Rihanna and Lady Gaga. The actors can now say they've performed the most singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart -- 203 tracks -- surpassing records by Elvis Presley and The Beatles. Anders, who produced 2012's Rock of Ages soundtrack (yes, he helped teach Tom Cruise how to sing), recently oversaw yet another Glee milestone: On Jan. 30, the Fox series, in its fourth season, recorded its 500th musical performance -- the Isley Brothers classic "Shout."Click here to read THR's complete Pop's Top 35 Hitmakers list.
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign