Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
After a dozen years at Marc Platt Prods., Siegel, 34, (originally from West Hartford, Conn.) notched his first full producing credit with the Ryan Gosling starrer Drive, a project the Wesleyan grad put together from scratch that became the toast of the Croisette at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. The married father of one's credits also include the Angelina Jolie starrer Wanted and cult fave Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
BIG BREAK: Getting my first movie made, which was The Perfect Man, with Hilary Duff and Heather Locklear. [He began as an intern at Original Film.]
CAREER INSPIRATION: When I was a kid, I watched The Natural with Robert Redford. I noticed all the good guys were in white and all the bad guys were in black. It was the first time I saw the watchmaker's hand.
BIGGEST RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENT: When Nicolas [Winding Refn] won the best director prize at the Cannes Film Festival. I was sitting in a tuxedo in that room, thinking back to reading the book in my car and how it all came to this.
LUNCH SPOT: Art's Deli on Ventura Boulevard. I feel like a very old-time Jewy producer there. Most movie deals were made over a martini or pastrami, and I can't have a martini at lunch.
BEST DAY: Meeting Paul Newman. He offered me a beer. I can't imagine anything better than drinking a cold beer with Paul Newman.
WORST DAY: It doesn't happen at work. It happens at midnight when I realize I f--ed up. One night, in the old days when we had to count the pages of scripts, I woke up in a panic that I didn't count the pages properly. I drove to work at 4 a.m., and all the scripts were missing one page.
WHEN I'M NOT AT WORK I'M: Either drinking martinis with my buddies or at the park with my daughter.
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014