Hollywood's 25 Top Power Lunch Restaurants
Chef Agostino Sciandri’s Tuscan-style trattoria has long been a favorite of East Coasters with a yen for good Italian food: Michael Mann, Harvey Weinstein, Robert De Niro and Paul Herman, De Niro’s co-star in Silver Linings Playbook (the latter three are original investors).
Weinstein is such a fan that he has been known to dine there three times a day, spacing the sittings a couple of hours apart. Regulars don’t bother to look at the menu, says Sciandri: “They know what they want.”
The lunch menu recently was revamped for the first time since Ago opened in 1997 to emphasize lighter midday offerings, but any dinner item, including the sea bass and salmon, can be ordered off-menu.
Herman says the patio is “the best in Los Angeles,” but for really discreet dealmaking, there’s the private Rotunda Room in back (which also houses the wine collection), where Sean Penn celebrated his 50th birthday.
- Marvin Gaye's Sister Zeola Sets The Record Straight On Reported Family Feud Over 'Blurred Lines' Lawsuit
- New Film Healing of Love Is Challenging the Paradigm of Relationships
- The Death of Fake Reality Television, The Birth of 'Connected'
- Morgan Spurlock, 'One Direction: This Is Us' Director: Zayn Malik 'Struggled The Most' With Touring Demands
- Pia Mia Seduces Us In 'F--k With U' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Jamie Chung Has a Condom Problem in 'Resident Advisors' Clip (Exclusive Video)
- Mark Wahlberg Producing Boston Marathon Bombing Movie 'Patriot's Day'
- Stephen Amell Signs Up to Play Megan Fox's Love Interest in 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'