Hollywood's 25 Top Power Lunch Restaurants
Chef Agostino Sciandri’s Tuscan-style trattoria has long been a favorite of East Coasters with a yen for good Italian food: Michael Mann, Harvey Weinstein, Robert De Niro and Paul Herman, De Niro’s co-star in Silver Linings Playbook (the latter three are original investors).
Weinstein is such a fan that he has been known to dine there three times a day, spacing the sittings a couple of hours apart. Regulars don’t bother to look at the menu, says Sciandri: “They know what they want.”
The lunch menu recently was revamped for the first time since Ago opened in 1997 to emphasize lighter midday offerings, but any dinner item, including the sea bass and salmon, can be ordered off-menu.
Herman says the patio is “the best in Los Angeles,” but for really discreet dealmaking, there’s the private Rotunda Room in back (which also houses the wine collection), where Sean Penn celebrated his 50th birthday.
- Aretha Franklin On New Covers Album: 'I Don't Think I Have Ever Been As Excited As I Am Now'
- This First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch In 'The Hollow Crown' Is Everything
- Rosamund Pike Dishes On Her 'Gone Girl' Sex Scene With Neil Patrick Harris
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' Trailer Looks Like A Total Brain Pleaser
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus Fly Into LA Ahead of Season 5!
- Lena Dunham Opens Up About a College Date Rape Experience
- Matthew McConaughey Gets Inspiring & Philosophical with the Texas Longhorns Football Team - Watch Now!
- Hugh Jackman Joins #FeelingNuts Campaign & Grabs Himself for Testicular Cancer