THR's Power Business Managers 2013
With his sister dying this year, life confirmed what Goldman already knew in business management: the importance of estate planning. Ray Manzarek, keyboardist for The Doors, died in May at age 74 from cancer, but Goldman made sure to set him up financially: Not doing so is "a nightmare for the family," he says.
Belinda Carlisle, Piers Morgan and the estate of Kurt Cobain are among his other accounts. Goldman's clients also include executives, for whom he pursues a different strategy from talent for cash flow. "With talent, I have to assume there will be periods of no work," he says. "There is no cookie-cutter approach."
- Partner, Let Me Upgrade You: Hulu Finally Offers a Commercial-Free Option
- Two of Your Favorite TV Actresses Might Be in the New Star Wars
- Samantha Bee’s Full Frontal Teaser Has the Cojones Needed to Take on Those Late-Night Dudes
- Jon Stewart Only Has Great Things to Say About Stephen Colbert and His Late Show Gig
- Kate Upton Walks the Edge of the CN Tower with Boyfriend Justin Verlander
- Freida Pinto, Jenna Dewan & Rosario Dawson Celebrate The A List 15th Anniversary!
- Rihanna's Rumored Love Interest Lewis Hamilton Speaks to Dating Rumors
- Miranda Lambert & Jake Owen Perform at ACM Honors 2015 Following Their Splits