THR's Power Business Managers 2013
With his sister dying this year, life confirmed what Goldman already knew in business management: the importance of estate planning. Ray Manzarek, keyboardist for The Doors, died in May at age 74 from cancer, but Goldman made sure to set him up financially: Not doing so is "a nightmare for the family," he says.
Belinda Carlisle, Piers Morgan and the estate of Kurt Cobain are among his other accounts. Goldman's clients also include executives, for whom he pursues a different strategy from talent for cash flow. "With talent, I have to assume there will be periods of no work," he says. "There is no cookie-cutter approach."
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!