THR's Power Business Managers 2013
With his sister dying this year, life confirmed what Goldman already knew in business management: the importance of estate planning. Ray Manzarek, keyboardist for The Doors, died in May at age 74 from cancer, but Goldman made sure to set him up financially: Not doing so is "a nightmare for the family," he says.
Belinda Carlisle, Piers Morgan and the estate of Kurt Cobain are among his other accounts. Goldman's clients also include executives, for whom he pursues a different strategy from talent for cash flow. "With talent, I have to assume there will be periods of no work," he says. "There is no cookie-cutter approach."
- Watch the Fantastic Four Cast Weather These Ignorant Interview Questions
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé on Donna’s Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn’t a Bigger Hit
- Mitt Romney Is Going to Be Pissed If There Are No Pancakes on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- Tom Cruise Promotes 'Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation' After Box Office Win!
- January Jones, Kiernan Shipka & Jon Hamm Have 'Mad Men' Reunion At Oceana's SeaChange Party
- These Photos of the 'Fantastic Four' Cast Holding Hands in NYC Are Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Killer Bikini Body in New Selfie