THR's Power Business Managers 2013
With his sister dying this year, life confirmed what Goldman already knew in business management: the importance of estate planning. Ray Manzarek, keyboardist for The Doors, died in May at age 74 from cancer, but Goldman made sure to set him up financially: Not doing so is "a nightmare for the family," he says.
Belinda Carlisle, Piers Morgan and the estate of Kurt Cobain are among his other accounts. Goldman's clients also include executives, for whom he pursues a different strategy from talent for cash flow. "With talent, I have to assume there will be periods of no work," he says. "There is no cookie-cutter approach."
- How Should Loved Ones of New Reality TV Talent Handle the Exposure? Answers to the Most Commonly-Asked Questions
- R.I.P. Jerry Weintraub, a Modern Day Renaissance Man
- 'Frozen' Has A Ridiculous/Hilarious Disclaimer You Probably Never Noticed
- Johnny Depp Surprises Sick Kids At Hospital Dressed Like Jack Sparrow
- The Lego Movie Guys Are Making a Star Wars Stand-alone Film About a Young Han Solo
- Bill Cosby’s Shows’ Reruns Pulled From Centric and Bounce TV
- The Bozo Who Charged His Phone on Hand to God’s Stage Was Even Ruder Than You Thought (There's Video Proof)
- Your First Look at Melissa McCarthy in Her Ghostbusters Uniform