THR's Power Business Managers 2013
With his sister dying this year, life confirmed what Goldman already knew in business management: the importance of estate planning. Ray Manzarek, keyboardist for The Doors, died in May at age 74 from cancer, but Goldman made sure to set him up financially: Not doing so is "a nightmare for the family," he says.
Belinda Carlisle, Piers Morgan and the estate of Kurt Cobain are among his other accounts. Goldman's clients also include executives, for whom he pursues a different strategy from talent for cash flow. "With talent, I have to assume there will be periods of no work," he says. "There is no cookie-cutter approach."
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami
- Cate Blanchett's 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Will Invade Comic-Con
- Kate Beckinsale's Birthday is Tomorrow & She's Looking More Beautiful Than Ever!