The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
For the Bloom Hergott partner, amassing a blue-chip art collection has been a 30-year pursuit, sparked when he was a law student at Northwestern.
"I used my study breaks to teach myself about art," says Hergott, who frequented the Art Institute and Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago. With his life partner, Curt Shepard, Hergott, who reps Russell Crowe, Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal, has built a contemporary collection of about 160 pieces featuring such cult favorites as John Currin, Mike Kelley, Rudolf Stingel and Richard Prince.
"It started with one drawing I bought at a charity auction," says Hergott. The couple regularly acquire works that deal with themes of male identity, buying from L.A. galleries such as Regen Projects and Blum & Poe, but also have been known to make the rounds internationally at Art Basel (where, in 2009, Hergott was spotted helping Brad Pitt pick up a $1 million Neo Rauch from David Zwirner) and the Venice Biennale (from which they took home a Kai Althoff work).
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead