Next Gen 2013: Hollywood's New Class
Pepper has helped bring in more than half of the current 100-person staff of 60 Minutes, a group that CBS News chairman and 60 Minutes executive producer Jeff Fager says has "made 60 much stronger journalistically."
When Fager became chairman of CBS News in early 2011, he tasked Pepper, a Queens native, with applying the 60 philosophy -- to make every job, from booker to production assistant, a reporting job, too -- to the rest of the news division. In just over two years, she has hired 30 journalists.
"We've hired lawyers looking for a career change, a former NYPD investigator, print journalists and, most recently, an Iraqi refugee," says the married mother of two, who got her start as a page assigned to CBS Evening News after graduating from the University of Michigan.
IF I WEREN'T IN THE NEWS INDUSTRY: I'd be a lawyer, wishing I were a journalist.
FAVORITE MOVIE: American President
IF I'M NOT WORKING: I'm probably driving my kids around town.
BOOK ON MY NIGHTSTAND: Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
POWER DRINKS SPOT: Stone Rose Bar, because you can't beat the view of Central Park with a nice glass of wine.
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- 'Walking Dead' Star Laurie Holden Is A Real-Life Hero
- Kat Dennings On Kim Kardashian: 'I've Never Seen An Ass Like That In My Life'
- Jennifer Garner & Michelle Monaghan Help Honor Matthew McConaughey with Special Award!
- Eva Longoria & Cameron Diaz Show Huge Support For Hillary Clinton's Fundraiser
- Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain Rep 'Interstellar' at American Cinematheque Event!
- Reese Witherspoon & Kate Hudson Support Their Leading Man Matthew McConaughey!