Hollywood's 25 Top Power Lunch Restaurants
When production gourmet caterer Amy Sweeney opened Ammo in 1997, it was a to-go window on Highland off Santa Monica Boulevard, a no-man's-land for restaurants.
A year later, she was joined by Benny Bohm, now her business partner. Spike Jonze dropped in, and Cameron Diaz would lunch late with paramour Jared Leto.
In 2000, Sweeney and Bohm added a dining room, and in 2004, they took over the space next door, creating the Ammo that's been known ever since by regulars including Shine America CEO Rich Ross, Disney/ABC TV exec vp Kevin Brockman, director Bill Condon, screenwriter David Goyer, producer Todd Lieberman, Jennifer Coolidge and Bret Easton Ellis.
A convenient place for anyone in the Valley -- from Warner Bros. to Universal to Disney -- to meet anyone in the city, the restaurant acts as an industry cantina; the two semi-private booths in the back are ideal for deals. The most popular dish is a brown rice stir-fry with tofu or chicken and pico de gallo. "It's the mishmash of cultures that makes it so SoCal," says Bohm. Adds TV director Daniel Minahan: "Always get the rice, vegetable and tofu bowl."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!