Hollywood's 25 Top Power Lunch Restaurants
When production gourmet caterer Amy Sweeney opened Ammo in 1997, it was a to-go window on Highland off Santa Monica Boulevard, a no-man's-land for restaurants.
A year later, she was joined by Benny Bohm, now her business partner. Spike Jonze dropped in, and Cameron Diaz would lunch late with paramour Jared Leto.
In 2000, Sweeney and Bohm added a dining room, and in 2004, they took over the space next door, creating the Ammo that's been known ever since by regulars including Shine America CEO Rich Ross, Disney/ABC TV exec vp Kevin Brockman, director Bill Condon, screenwriter David Goyer, producer Todd Lieberman, Jennifer Coolidge and Bret Easton Ellis.
A convenient place for anyone in the Valley -- from Warner Bros. to Universal to Disney -- to meet anyone in the city, the restaurant acts as an industry cantina; the two semi-private booths in the back are ideal for deals. The most popular dish is a brown rice stir-fry with tofu or chicken and pico de gallo. "It's the mishmash of cultures that makes it so SoCal," says Bohm. Adds TV director Daniel Minahan: "Always get the rice, vegetable and tofu bowl."
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!