Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Rannells picked up a Grammy and Tony nomination for his role on Broadway's The Book of Mormon. The actor, 34, from Omaha, Neb., has segued into a co-starring role on the NBC comedy and an arc on HBO darling Girls.
INDUSTRY MENTOR: Judith Light. She was doing a play in New York while I was on Broadway. I've come to depend on her ear quite a lot.
BIG BREAK: Book of Mormon changed my life. I'd been working for 10 years before that -- off-Broadway, off-off-Broadway and regionally.
BEST ADVICE: Mark Ruffalo once said, "Your career is happening right now, it's not something that will start when you get a certain job."
10 YEARS AGO: I was directing Saturday morning cartoons for a company called 4Kids Entertainment: Sonic the Hedgehog and Kirby.
CAN'T-MISS TV: American Horror Story because I'm in love with Jessica Lange. She's so bonkers.
WHEN I'M NOT WORKING: I'm cleaning, much to the horror of my boyfriend. I love ironing and vacuuming.
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!