Power Lawyers 2011
From seventh grade English teacher to top trial lawyer might not be a typical career progression, but it has served White well. "It's fun educating the judge and jury," he jokes. This year, the father of five merged his namesake Los Angeles-based firm with national outfit Kelley Drye, becoming chair of its entertainment and media practice. And he won a key victory for Steven Spielberg and Paramount in a case alleging similarities between 2007's Disturbia and the short story that inspired Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window.
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts
- 7 Reasons Weird Al Won the Internet and Topped the Charts
- Dakota Fanning on 'Very Good Girl' Sex Scenes: 'I Wasn’t Very Uncomfortable With It'
- Lily Allen Dedicates 'As Long As I Got You' Music Video to Glastonbury Memories - Watch Now!
- Azealia Banks & Jourdan Dunn Are Navy Ladies for French Connection #NeverMissATrick Launch Party
- Jennifer Hudson Advises 'Don't Expect Respect When You Don't Respect Nothing!'