Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Not yet 35, and already McDaniel, originally from Minneapolis, oversees CBS’ top-rated daytime lineup, including The Young and the Restless, The Price Is Right and, her top priority, The Talk. Thus far this season, the latter is network TV’s fastest-growing daytime show.
INDUSTRY MENTOR: CBS’ Nina Tassler.
BIG BREAK: I was hired 64 days prior to the launch of The Talk. The stakes were high because it was the network’s first talk show.
BEST ADVICE: To listen. People will always teach you something if you’re paying attention.
10 YEARS AGO: I was in D.C. doing XM Satellite Radio. I was on-air for an hour a week because my bosses thought it would be funny, but my real job was producing a youth talk format.
BIGGEST 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENT: Becoming the head of CBS Daytime.
CAREER INSPIRATION: My dad is Mexican, so I grew up with a Latin family, and I needed to have a big personality. I started on-air for a children’s radio network when I was 15.
WHEN I’M NOT WORKING I’M: Spending time with my husband, Brian McDaniel, and my dog, a golden retriever named Ella.
LUNCH SPOT: My greatest wish is that Cut in the Beverly Wilshire was open for lunch because I love their pretzel bread and mac and cheese. If you’ve never had it, you must.
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014