THR's Women in Entertainment 2011: Power 100
Globe's strategy for marketing DreamWorks Animation films is, well, global. "Our movies bring in upward of 60 percent or more from the international marketplace," says Globe. "So we're always crafting a campaign with an eye toward how it's going to be received not only in the United States but by other key territories around the world."
In the case of Kung Fu Panda 2 and Puss in Boots, DWA's 2011 tentpole releases, that meant partnering with YouTube, Zynga (FarmVille) and Halfbrick, the makers of online game Fruit Ninja ("an organic connection between Puss, who is a swordsman, and the slicing-fruit motion in the game," Globe says) on innovative ways to reach audiences.
It's a matter of "cutting through the clutter and breaking out of the pack to do whatever is new and different," adds Globe, 48, whose contract with DWA was recently extended to Jan. 1, 2014.
The strategy is working. Together, Panda and Puss have amassed $861 million in worldwide box office, with Puss still rolling out in additional territories overseas.
Globe's first entertainment industry job after graduating from Syracuse University was in the publicity department at the Walt Disney Co. She later segued to MCA/Universal before joining DreamWorks Animation in 1996. Jeffrey Katzenberg anointed her head of worldwide consumer products and promotions in 2005, and she assumed her current post in 2007.
On weekends, when she's not watching her 10-year-old daughter (whom she calls "my test market for all things") play in organized sports, Globe, who is married to Brad Globe, president of Warner Bros. Consumer Products, can be found indulging in her love of film. "I'm one of those people who organizes groups to go to the movies," she says. Like many working moms, Globe is adept at multitasking, using every available minute to her advantage, including making calls on the drive home to Pacific Palisades from DreamWorks' Glendale campus. "Half the time," she says, "I'm in my garage on the phone trying to get done with that last call."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues