Next Gen 2011: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
"The best compliment I receive is when people ask me, 'Hey, where's your brother?' " says Hammer, 25. "I think, 'That's awesome! We tricked you.' " The actor is, of course, referring to his breakout role -- well, roles -- as the twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in The Social Network. The cachet of his first major film role ("Being directed by David Fincher was grueling, in the best way," he says) not only landed the actor critical acclaim but three of young Hollywood's most sought-after roles: He can next be seen playing J. Edgar Hoover's lover in Clint Eastwood's biopic of the FBI director; Prince Albert Alcott in Tarsem Singh's Snow White project; and the title role in The Lone Ranger alongside Johnny Depp. For someone who could have rested on his family's haughty pedigree for an automatic Hollywood "in" (his paternal great-grandfather was oil tycoon and philanthropist Armand Hammer), the Dallas-and-L.A.-raised Hammer considers himself a "self-taught" actor. "I studied every method and read a ton of books -- all on my own," he says. Hammer, who's married to TV journalist Elizabeth Chambers, says he trying to stay grounded. "What can I say? I love my wife. Looking 10 years ahead, I have no idea what I'll be doing professionally, but I know who I'm going to be with. That's very comforting."
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup