THR's 2012 Digital Power 50
The 69-year-old head of IAC, which owns such big digital properties as Ask.com, City Search and Match.com, in recent years has increased his focus on content 2.0 with Ben Silverman-led multi-media studio Electus; CollegeHumor Media; Notional, the production company behind Food Network favorite Chopped; and video-sharing platform Vimeo.
Last year, he added former Disney CEO Michael Eisner, with whom he ran Paramount, to his board of directors -- in a signal of just how key content is for Diller -- and the company's The Daily Beast completed a deal to create a 50-50 joint venture with Newsweek. Meanwhile, Notional created a division focused on original scripted TV content and CollegeHumor partnered with the Nintendo 3DS on 3D comedy videos. IAC's stock rose 48 percent in 2011, sending its market value to $3.4 billion.
- Content Titans
- How You Watch
- How It Gets Out There
- Who Pays the Way
- How You Connect
- Mobile Gaming
- How You Make It
- Viral Videos
- Talent Agencies
- Video Games
- 'Inside Out' And 'Jurassic World' Terminated 'Terminator Genisys' At The Box Office
- The Midnight Swim Redeems Found-Footage Horror: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review
- Kim Kardashian's 4th Of July Outfit Is Some Next Level Patriotism
- Victoria And David Beckham Celebrate 16th Wedding Anniversary On Instagram
- Prince George Wears Almost Identical Outfit to Father Prince William When He Was a Baby!
- Gerard Butler Parties on the Beach for Fourth of July With Girlfriend Morgan Brown
- Liam Payne & Girlfriend Sophia Smith Enjoy Disney World & Dinosaurs In Florida
- 'Jurassic World' & 'Inside Out' Beat Out 'Terminator: Genisys' & 'Magic Mike XXL' at Fourth of July Weekend Box Office