Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Cotner, 33, played a crucial role in the acquisition of two box-office success stories: Joe Carnahan's action pic The Grey and David Ayer's cop drama End of Watch. He also was instrumental in acquiring upcoming titles Side Effects, from Steven Soderbergh, and The Host, based on Stephenie Meyer's book.
BIG BREAK: Getting a job right out of school [Pitzer College] at Paramount Classics as an acquisitions coordinator.
BEST ADVICE: Amy Israel, whom I worked with at Paramount, always encouraged me to set aside my personal feelings and think of things from the perspective of the audience.
10 YEARS FROM NOW: I enjoy exploring new territory, so I hope to be working in the film industry, but taking on new challenges.
BIGGEST 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENT: The Grey, since it helped establish us as a major player. I saw the footage, and we acquired it off of that.
CAN'T-MISS TV: 60 Minutes. I'm an old man at heart.
LUNCH SPOT: Gulfstream in Century City.
WHEN I'M NOT WORKING I'M: Hiking with my dog in Temescal Canyon.
I WAKE UP AT: 6 a.m.
THE FIRST THING I DO: Read every website. I'll also watch CBS -- I told you I'm an old man at heart.
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Ep. 12 Recap: 'Remember' Welcomes Team Rick To The Neighborhood
- Kendall Jenner's Throwback Bikini Photo Reminds Us The Winter Struggle Is Real
- Hollywood's Diversity Problem Starts At The Top, UCLA Report Finds
- Michael Jordan Fails Yet Again To Win 'Richest Person In The World' Title
- The Best Scene in House of Cards Happens in a Women’s Bathroom
- Veronica Roth’s Divergent Follow-up Will Be Star Wars–esque
- Ryan Murphy Gives Touching Speech, Reflects on Glee’s Legacy of Creating Acceptance Through Understanding
- Bob’s Burgers Did Its Own Game of Thrones Last Night, and You Should Be Thankful
- Cody Simpson to Co-Host Victoria's Secret PINK's Spring Break Bash with Gigi Hadid & Rachel Hilbert! (Exclusive)
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Braves Torrential Rain for Lunch with Miley Cyrus!
- Lily James & Cate Blanchett Look Picture Perfect at 'Cinderella' Premiere
- Mumford & Sons Announce New Album 'Wilder Mind' With a Brand New Sound!