Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Cotner, 33, played a crucial role in the acquisition of two box-office success stories: Joe Carnahan's action pic The Grey and David Ayer's cop drama End of Watch. He also was instrumental in acquiring upcoming titles Side Effects, from Steven Soderbergh, and The Host, based on Stephenie Meyer's book.
BIG BREAK: Getting a job right out of school [Pitzer College] at Paramount Classics as an acquisitions coordinator.
BEST ADVICE: Amy Israel, whom I worked with at Paramount, always encouraged me to set aside my personal feelings and think of things from the perspective of the audience.
10 YEARS FROM NOW: I enjoy exploring new territory, so I hope to be working in the film industry, but taking on new challenges.
BIGGEST 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENT: The Grey, since it helped establish us as a major player. I saw the footage, and we acquired it off of that.
CAN'T-MISS TV: 60 Minutes. I'm an old man at heart.
LUNCH SPOT: Gulfstream in Century City.
WHEN I'M NOT WORKING I'M: Hiking with my dog in Temescal Canyon.
I WAKE UP AT: 6 a.m.
THE FIRST THING I DO: Read every website. I'll also watch CBS -- I told you I'm an old man at heart.
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014