Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Cotner, 33, played a crucial role in the acquisition of two box-office success stories: Joe Carnahan's action pic The Grey and David Ayer's cop drama End of Watch. He also was instrumental in acquiring upcoming titles Side Effects, from Steven Soderbergh, and The Host, based on Stephenie Meyer's book.
BIG BREAK: Getting a job right out of school [Pitzer College] at Paramount Classics as an acquisitions coordinator.
BEST ADVICE: Amy Israel, whom I worked with at Paramount, always encouraged me to set aside my personal feelings and think of things from the perspective of the audience.
10 YEARS FROM NOW: I enjoy exploring new territory, so I hope to be working in the film industry, but taking on new challenges.
BIGGEST 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENT: The Grey, since it helped establish us as a major player. I saw the footage, and we acquired it off of that.
CAN'T-MISS TV: 60 Minutes. I'm an old man at heart.
LUNCH SPOT: Gulfstream in Century City.
WHEN I'M NOT WORKING I'M: Hiking with my dog in Temescal Canyon.
I WAKE UP AT: 6 a.m.
THE FIRST THING I DO: Read every website. I'll also watch CBS -- I told you I'm an old man at heart.
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Starring Shirtless Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson is Finally Here & It's Super Steamy - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Morrison Arrives On Set for 'Once Upon a Time' & It's Getting Us Pumped for Season Four!
- Karlie Kloss Reveals the Secret to Her Amazing Abs
- Juno Temple Grabs Lunch with Her Mom in NYC After New 'Horns' Poster Released