Next Gen 2011: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Before Charlie Sheen could take his licks at the Comedy Central Roast, he had to pass muster with Mauceri, 34, whose duties include talent deals for all the infamous roasts. "Charlie's team was actually wonderful," says the New York native, who lives in the same Chelsea neighborhood where he grew up. "Very few people do the roasts for money. People do it because they really want to do it." After graduating from Syracuse Law, Mauceri moved to Los Angeles without a job and landed as an assistant to the head of business affairs for Universal Television. After stints at William Morris and as a production lawyer on Blind Date, he joined Comedy Central in 2005, moving back to New York five years later. An avid motorcyclist (he just bought a rare 1972 Moto Guzzi), the single Mauceri also handles the network's South Park franchise, which includes fielding odd requests like helping procure guinea pigs that could be dressed up and photographed for an episode. "I did a complicated animal wrangler deal and I told my mom about it," he recalls. "And now she tells her friends I get guinea pigs for South Park for a living."
- Hailee Steinfeld Shows Off Singing Chops With Shawn Mendes 'Stitches' Duet
- Sh*t That Everyone Seems To Inexplicably Do In An Uber
- See The Emotional First Teaser For Cary Fukunaga's Netflix Film, 'Beasts Of No Nation'
- This Is The Awesome Body-Positive Mantra Kate Winslet Recites With Her Teenage Daughter
- Quiz: Who Said It, Real Housewife Ramona Singer or Fake Youngster Ramona Quimby?
- Morrissey Says He Was Sexually Assaulted by San Francisco Airport Security
- Taxi Driver, Girls, and 7 Other Big Influences on Mr. Robot
- Difficult People Trailer: Julie Klausner Joins Billy Eichner in Shouting at People on the Street