THR Names Music's 35 Top Hitmakers
This story first appeared in the Feb. 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
At this point, it's fair to call Benny Blanco a pop prodigy. At 24, Dr. Luke's once apprentice has come into his own with 15 No. 1 singles to his name. Last year alone, the Virginia native scored with Maroon 5 and Wiz Khalifa's "Payphone," Ke$ha's "Die Young" and Rihanna's "Diamonds." Blanco's career kicked off in high school, when, while commuting to New York on weekends to study under producer Disco D, he connected with young art rapper Spank Rock and teamed up to create the underground hit "Bangers & Cash." That album helped bring his skills to the attention of Dr. Luke, who recruited the wunderkind to the mainstream. Since being recruited by Luke, Levin has become a main conspirator in Katy Perry's, Ke$ha's and Adam Levine's camps, with a role in nearly all of their hits.
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- 'Ouija' Movie Stars Attend Spooky Seance with Their Celeb Pals (Exclusive Video!)
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Settle Lawsuit Against Tabloid Publishing False Stories
- Renee Zellweger Brings Her Boyfriend Doyle Bramhall II to Elle Women in Hollywood Event!
- Nikki Reed & Emmy Rossum Stun at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration