THR's Women in Entertainment 2011: Power 100
Managing the emotions of her twin 16-year-olds is nothing compared to dealing with the players involved in The Lone Ranger, Disney's upcoming action-adventure from the Pirates of the Caribbean team of producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Gore Verbinski and star Johnny Depp. When the studio pushed pause this fall on the megabudget remake over cost concerns, Brandis, its top business affairs exec, stepped into action, working with reps for the creative team to shave the budget down to around $215 million.
"The compromises that we reached allow everyone to participate in the upside and they protect the studio against downside," says Brandis, 58, who is active in raising money for her alma mater, UCLA. The press attention toward the Ranger impasse didn't bother the usually media-shy Brandis. "It showed that movies don't get made just because there's big talent involved," she says of the constant news about the project. "In a perverse way, I almost appreciated it."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'