The Hollywood Reporter's 20 Most Influential Chefs in Hollywood
Wolfgang Puck’s Spago aside, Beverly Hills hasn’t been a hotbed of culinary ideas. Yet Puck’s countryman, Patina prodigy Mairinger, has put the Golden Triangle on the map again with his modern-Austrian BierBeisl (9669 S. Santa Monica Blvd.), near UTA.
Mairinger’s refined, precisely plated renditions of standbys make creamy veal goulash sexy, spooned elegantly next to herb spaetzle. “Puck told me he doesn’t have to go back to Austria anymore. He’s had the entire menu, from the schnitzels to the strudels,” says Mairinger with a laugh.
Carl Reiner is a fan, sometimes getting takeout for fellow legendary comic Mel Brooks.
Favorite dishes of Reiner: Weisswurst, finely chopped potato salad and the creamy sunchoke soup with ricotta-truffle crostini and chervil — “sometimes I order two small bowls.”
Where else Mairinger eats: Si Laa Thai, where he gets the blue crab and prawns with chili coconut sauce.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!