Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
Harvard Law school
Why he matters: Fields, 84, still is the dean of entertainment law, going strong after six decades. He arrives at the office in his chauffeur-driven town car before some at his firm are awake, and he remains active in headline-making litigation. This year, he repped the Mario Puzo estate against Paramount over a literary sequel to The Godfather and appeared on behalf of The Weinstein Co. in a dispute with Scream writer Kevin Williamson.
Key case: Don’t believe the rumors that Tom Cruise’s$50 million defamation lawsuit against the publisher of Life & Style magazine will be resolved in mediation. Says Fields: “You can’t just say he abandoned his child. Tom is going to want to push this one all the way.”Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan