The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
Maria, the former head writer of CBS' The Young and the Restless, is best known in the L.A. art world for her visible role as board co-chair of the city's Museum of Contemporary Art (she steps down Jan. 1).
The Northwestern art history major got her start collecting modestly priced George Hurrell photos. These days, her husband, Bill, goes deep on icons -- Marcel Duchamp, Jeff Koons -- while she champions the idiosyncratic, from Francesco Vezzoli to Mark Ryden.
"Your collection becomes your interpretation of how you see the world," she says. "It's very personal."
- Sweet Painting Lady: Ciara McAvoy Resurrects the Art of the Movie Poster
- Illustrators Protest Qatar's Alleged World Cup Labor Abuses With Redesigned Logos
- Let Rapping Big Bird Make Your Day As He Throws Down To Big Pun's 'Still Not A Player'
- This Creative Bride And Groom Had A Bunch Of Puppets Officiate Their Wedding
- Dang, Kanye West Settled That Lawsuit Over His 'Bound 2' Sample
- Lenny Jacobson on the Crazy Big Time In Hollywood, FL Finale, and Why the Show Makes for a Perfect Binge-Watch
- Batman Spotted on Suicide Squad Set Doing Batman Stuff
- Jeremy Renner Reenacted Wedding Crashers, Except for That Very Long, Unfunny Part in the Third Act