Hollywood's 25 Top Power Lunch Restaurants
Emphasis should be put on the middle letter of chef Neal Fraser’s BLD because the Mid-City eatery has been a popular power-lunch spot since opening in 2006. (The B and D stand for “breakfast” and “dinner,” in case the acronym still proves mysterious.)
The unpretentious restaurant attracts clientele from the neighboring CBS Television City, along with Connie Britton, Shameless exec producer John Wells and Randy Jackson. Regular Cuba Gooding Jr., whose boxing gym is nearby, praises BLD as “a great place to have meetings and not be interrupted.”
The tomato soup has always been coveted, but the spicy Cuban-style pork sandwich has become a dish not to miss (Fraser won his 2006 Iron Chef America title using pork). Table 52, a large, round table that can fit four while leaving room for laptops and scripts, is the most popular, but many also love table 43, with its view of the kitchen.
In late 2012, sous-chef Lewis Chan became chef de cuisine, the catalyst for a menu overhaul that is in the works.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!