Hollywood's 25 Top Power Lunch Restaurants
Emphasis should be put on the middle letter of chef Neal Fraser’s BLD because the Mid-City eatery has been a popular power-lunch spot since opening in 2006. (The B and D stand for “breakfast” and “dinner,” in case the acronym still proves mysterious.)
The unpretentious restaurant attracts clientele from the neighboring CBS Television City, along with Connie Britton, Shameless exec producer John Wells and Randy Jackson. Regular Cuba Gooding Jr., whose boxing gym is nearby, praises BLD as “a great place to have meetings and not be interrupted.”
The tomato soup has always been coveted, but the spicy Cuban-style pork sandwich has become a dish not to miss (Fraser won his 2006 Iron Chef America title using pork). Table 52, a large, round table that can fit four while leaving room for laptops and scripts, is the most popular, but many also love table 43, with its view of the kitchen.
In late 2012, sous-chef Lewis Chan became chef de cuisine, the catalyst for a menu overhaul that is in the works.
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project