Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
Stanford University School of Law
Why she matters: In a bold move, Eskenazi is taking on Universal Music for a vendor of accounting software that claims the music label isn’t paying royalties in an accurate and timely manner. The case dovetails with her practice that often involves fights over multimillion-dollar properties like The Lord of the Rings. To that end, Eskenazi has been acting as the outside general counsel of Bob Marley’s estate, including helping with the development of a film project.
Key case: Eskenazi is back in litigation against Warner Bros. for the Tolkien estate, this time targeting revenue from Rings and Hobbit online games and slot machines. She notes that the Tolkien heirs are “older British folks, and it is not in their nature to litigate. We spent a couple years trying to settle this privately in meetings and mediations in two different cities. When that failed, we were left with no choice but to sue.”Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!