The Hollywood Reporter Names the 50 Power Showrunners of 2013
For a network that’s had little trouble garnering high ratings with unscripted shows like Duck Dynasty, A&E execs turned to Ehrin, 48, and Cuse, 54, to deliver something different: critical attention for a scripted series. Their modern-day Alfred Hitchcock prequel, Bates Motel, did precisely that, with heavy praise and an Emmy nomination for its lead actress Vera Farmiga. It delivered viewers, too, with 4.4 million tuning in each week, turning it into a top five show for the cable network.
Cuse also is developing a remake of the French thriller The Returned for the network in addition to teaming with Guillermo del Toro for FX’s The Strain, based on the novel co-written by del Toro. Ehrin has a handful of projects in development, including re-teaming with Friday Night Lights creator Jason Katims for a comedy set up at NBC.
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Kendall Jenner Wants to Know Who Needs Boys When There Are Puppies!
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Soundtrack Listing Features Lorde, Kanye West, & More!
- 19 Kids & Counting's Jill Duggar & Derick Dillard Expecting Baby Boy!
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!