TV's Top 50 Showrunners 2010
The sitcom is coming off one of its strongest seasons ratings-wise, meaning Bays and Thomas won't have to reveal the mother's identity any time soon. But when the day finally comes, the Wesleyan alums -- they met in college performing in a soul band called the Testostertones -- are more than ready. "We came up with the ending of the series when we were filming the pilot," Bays says.
Favorite TV Moment: Thomas points to Shelley Long's emotional farewell on "Cheers," while Bays favors the first installment of CBS' "The Late Show With David Letterman" following the Sept. 11 attacks, back when the duo were staff writers on the show.
Big Break: Landing internships in MTV's development department in New York between their junior and senior years at Wesleyan.
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'