THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
In April, the France native was promoted from CEO of Bertelsmann-owned RTL Group production arm FremantleMedia North America to CEO of all of FremantleMedia, best known for such global TV hits as American Idol and The X Factor. Since moving to London for the post, she has shifted focus from directly overseeing the development and production of more than 600 hours of network, cable and syndicated programming to a more strategic corporate role. "This has been a big year," says Frot-Coutaz, 46. "I had eight weeks to transition -- which in hindsight wasn't nearly enough."
Who gave me my first big break: Greg Dyke. I was his mergers and acquisitions, strategy and business development person for three years. A lot of the deals that built this company were deals I had made for him when he was CEO of the company.
Toughest decision I had to make this year: Deciding to take this new job. Also, the casting of Idol this summer was a long process. And deciding who would replace me in North America!
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: I'm a big foodie. One of the nice discoveries, after 12 years away from London, is that the food has become a lot better. There are great farmers markets now.
My indulgence: Exercise. If I didn't do that, I probably wouldn't make it through the week. I have a trainer twice a week.
Can't get through my workday without: Cappuccino in the morning.
Most surprising songs on my iPod: My latest download was Bob Marley.
Totally starstruck around: Johnny Depp.
What I'd tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: "Relax."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Bill Hader Thinks Recent 'SNL' Fan-Voted Bracket Needed More Women
- Grover And Abby Cadabby From 'Sesame Street' Really Love Michelle Obama's Hugs
- Toddler Takes The Lead In Choreographing Interpretive Dance For Adults
- Alison Bechdel Awarded MacArthur Fellowship: 'Fun Home' Creator One Of 21 New Fellows
- Adam Arkin on The Bridge, Directing Himself, and Getting Mistaken for George Clooney
- Get a Glimpse of the Hannibal Writers’ Room in This Clip From the Season 2 DVD
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- An In Depth Joan Rivers Biography is In the Works
- Taylor Schilling & 'OITNB' Cast Brighten Up the Red Carpet at Netflix Launch in Berlin!
- Avril Lavigne & Chad Kroeger's Relationship Reportedly in Trouble: 'They've Been Fighting A Lot'
- Ellen Page Wears Nearly Nothing & Flashes Her Amazing Abs for W's New Royals Issue