THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
In April, the France native was promoted from CEO of Bertelsmann-owned RTL Group production arm FremantleMedia North America to CEO of all of FremantleMedia, best known for such global TV hits as American Idol and The X Factor. Since moving to London for the post, she has shifted focus from directly overseeing the development and production of more than 600 hours of network, cable and syndicated programming to a more strategic corporate role. "This has been a big year," says Frot-Coutaz, 46. "I had eight weeks to transition -- which in hindsight wasn't nearly enough."
Who gave me my first big break: Greg Dyke. I was his mergers and acquisitions, strategy and business development person for three years. A lot of the deals that built this company were deals I had made for him when he was CEO of the company.
Toughest decision I had to make this year: Deciding to take this new job. Also, the casting of Idol this summer was a long process. And deciding who would replace me in North America!
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: I'm a big foodie. One of the nice discoveries, after 12 years away from London, is that the food has become a lot better. There are great farmers markets now.
My indulgence: Exercise. If I didn't do that, I probably wouldn't make it through the week. I have a trainer twice a week.
Can't get through my workday without: Cappuccino in the morning.
Most surprising songs on my iPod: My latest download was Bob Marley.
Totally starstruck around: Johnny Depp.
What I'd tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: "Relax."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Starring Shirtless Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson is Finally Here & It's Super Steamy - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Morrison Arrives On Set for 'Once Upon a Time' & It's Getting Us Pumped for Season Four!
- Karlie Kloss Reveals the Secret to Her Amazing Abs
- Juno Temple Grabs Lunch with Her Mom in NYC After New 'Horns' Poster Released