THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
In April, the France native was promoted from CEO of Bertelsmann-owned RTL Group production arm FremantleMedia North America to CEO of all of FremantleMedia, best known for such global TV hits as American Idol and The X Factor. Since moving to London for the post, she has shifted focus from directly overseeing the development and production of more than 600 hours of network, cable and syndicated programming to a more strategic corporate role. "This has been a big year," says Frot-Coutaz, 46. "I had eight weeks to transition -- which in hindsight wasn't nearly enough."
Who gave me my first big break: Greg Dyke. I was his mergers and acquisitions, strategy and business development person for three years. A lot of the deals that built this company were deals I had made for him when he was CEO of the company.
Toughest decision I had to make this year: Deciding to take this new job. Also, the casting of Idol this summer was a long process. And deciding who would replace me in North America!
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: I'm a big foodie. One of the nice discoveries, after 12 years away from London, is that the food has become a lot better. There are great farmers markets now.
My indulgence: Exercise. If I didn't do that, I probably wouldn't make it through the week. I have a trainer twice a week.
Can't get through my workday without: Cappuccino in the morning.
Most surprising songs on my iPod: My latest download was Bob Marley.
Totally starstruck around: Johnny Depp.
What I'd tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: "Relax."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!