The Hollywood Reporter Names the Young Hispanic Hollywood Class of 2013
Mexico City-born Diego Luna, 33, starred opposite Gael Garcia Bernal in Y Tu Mama Tambien, Sean Penn in Milk and Matt Damon in Elysium. But it's Cesar Chavez: An American Hero, a biopic he is directing and producing about the civil-rights activist due out in 2014, that is perhaps closest to his heart.
Mexican-American actor Michael Pena, 37, who stars as Chavez, also has several critically acclaimed projects under his belt, including Oscar winner Crash and End of Watch with Jake Gyllenhaal. Pena, who next will be seen in David O. Russell's American Hustle and recently worked on Fury opposite Brad Pitt, says his father, a farm worker, was touched when he told him he'd be starring as the iconic labor activist. "He is one of those guys who doesn't show very much emotion, but I knew that it was special."
On Pena's favorite cultural tradition: "Every time I go to Chicago: Polish sausages from Taylor Street and carne asada tortas from Atotonilco restaurant."
- Katy Perry's 'Firework' Matches Up Perfectly With This 1984 Cheerleading Video
- Watch Amy Schumer Invade Anna Kendrick's Personal Space In MTV Movie Awards Promo
- Benicio Del Toro's Weird Accent In ‘The Usual Suspects' Should Have Won The Oscar For Best Foreign Film
- Books: Best-Selling Author Karin Slaughter Speaks Out On Rape, The Police and Her New Book "Cop Town"
- Jay Z Invades Streaming Business By Offering $56 Million For Spotify Rival
- Nikki Reed Helps Shy Guy Ask Her Out in 'Enter the Dangerous Mind' Clip (Exclusive)
- Reese Witherspoon Heads South to Finish Filming & Eat All the Beignets She Can
- Ellie Goudling Shows Off Her Insane Physique in Nike Ad - Watch Here