Next Gen 2011: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
As many of Andrews' Georgetown classmates were pursuing careers in political circles and legal work, Andrews, 29, a government major and theology/Spanish double minor, found himself poring over the Hollywood trades and any relevant industry books he could scrounge up at Barnes & Noble. "I discovered The Hollywood Reporter and Variety online my sophomore year and began to read them every day to try to understand ratings and what shows were doing well," he recalls of a passion few at his college shared. Andrews landed an internship on the first major D.C.-area TV project he could find: America's Most Wanted. While neither the genre nor the subject matter appealed to him, he fell in love with the creative process. After college, the Chicago native and frequent hiker moved to Hollywood, where he landed a gig in NBC's page program and worked his way up the studio ranks. Along the way, he added series (Friday Night Lights, Heroes) and mentors (Katherine Pope, Kevin Reilly), ultimately deciding to jump to Fox in May after 6½ years at NBC. During the five months since, Andrews, who calls working with showrunner Jason Katims on FNL the "best working experience" of his career, has been involved in such shows as the upcoming drama Touch from Tim Kring (Heroes) and development projects from friends Silvio Horta of Ugly Betty and Josh Berman of Drop Dead Diva.
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Debuts First Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Almost Sweeps Young Hollywood Awards 2014 - See Complete Winners List!
- Newlyweds Naya Rivera & Ryan Dorsey Kiss, Look So in Love in Los Angeles - See Her Huge Wedding Ring!
- Justin Bieber Receives the Champ of Charity Award at the Young Hollywood Awards 2014