Power Lawyers 2011
"Surreal" doesn't begin to describe the $100 million legal battle between fired Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen, showrunner Chuck Lorre and studio Warner Bros. For a few months, as the self-described warlock declared war on his former bosses, it felt like litigation over TV's No. 1 sitcom would play out exclusively through the media. The demands of the case have fallen hard on the seasoned Hollywood attorneys handling it, all of whom have known one another for years. "To me, there's no real difference, except for the publicity," says Spiegel, a former federal prosecutor who wrote the infamous letters countering Sheen's tirades. "I'm approaching it like I approach every trial: Tell the truth." Lorre attorney Weitzman is used to odd cases, having represented Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. "It's been interesting to read what's been written about this case, which, at times, is its own sitcom," he says. "Fiction becomes fact, outrageous behavior is glorified, and in some circles, losing is 'winning.' " As the case heads to private arbitration to determine whether Sheen breached his Men contract or Lorre and Warners conspired to improperly boot him from the show, Singer has become Sheen's de facto publicist. "There are so many crazy things my office gets," he says. "People wanting to sue over ridiculous claims or wanting to make business dealings with Charlie. People say, 'I met him 20 years ago, and he wanted to put me on his show.' "
- Gabrielle Union Says 'The World Isn't Going To End' If We See More Diversity In Women On TV
- Shantel VanSanten Lounges Poolside In A Cutout Swimsuit For Maxim
- Jimmy Kimmel Proves People Can't Tell The Difference Between Cold-Pressed Juice And Tang
- David Oyelowo Comes To Benedict Cumberbatch's Defense Over 'Colored' Comment
- Channing Tatum Carries Mila Kunis Away in New 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer (Exclusive)
- Brie Larson & Rosemarie DeWitt Are 'Digging For Fire' at Sundance!
- Tye Sheridan & Olivia Thirlby Premiere 'Stanford Prison Experiment' at Sundance 2015
- Patrick J. Adams Opens Up About Fiance Troian Bellisario's Guest-Starring Role on 'Suits' (JJ Interview)