Hollywood Reporter Names 25 Most Powerful Stylists List
British stylist Coulter studied at Central St. Martins and launched her own menswear line, AKA (now defunct), right out of school. She came to Los Angeles on a whim about 10 years ago and ended up styling a photo shoot for Flaunt magazine with Orlando Bloom (she was friends with him in London before he became famous).
Now fashion girls Bosworth, Miller and Huntington-Whiteley look to Coulter to rock their red-carpet style. Says Huntington-Whiteley: “I was looking for a stylist to help with my Transformers press tour last summer, and I asked my publicist, ‘Who styles Kate Bosworth?’ because I’ve always admired her style.”
The model-turned-actress was at first put off by Coulter’s first name (“Sooo L.A. sounding!”), but after the stylist made a house call, the Brits hit it off. “It was like … she’s English, she’s hired,” jokes Huntington-Whiteley. Coulter describes the Transformers actress’ red-carpet style as “straight-up cool, classic and sexy.”
A few of their stellar moments include a shimmery va-va-voom red Antonio Berardi dress at the film’s New York premiere (“It ended up being a bit of a Jessica Rabbit moment,” says Huntington-Whiteley) and another red Berardi, this one a knockout cap-sleeve fitted column, at the post-Oscar Vanity Fair party.
Coulter also co-designs, with Bosworth, a jewelry collection for online style site JewelMint. For breakout indie actress Olsen, Coulter put together chic, young Chanel, Chloe and Balmain looks during awards season and dressed her in a sunshine-yellow, graphically beaded long-sleeve minidress by Emilio Pucci at the Critics’ Choice Awards.
“A great awards-season dress is one that you look back at 10 years later and think it’s a ‘wow’ dress,” says Coulter. “It stands the test of time.”
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar And Selma Blair Had The Best 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion
- Cabaret: Betty Buckley Shines A (Ghost) Light At Joe's Pub
- 'Kung Fury' Released On YouTube In All Its '80s-Inspired Glory
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol' As 'Fake,' Calls It The 'Worst Experience' Of Her Life
- Chace Crawford Hits Up Hugo's For Lunch After Memorial Day Getaway
- Emmanuelle Chriqui & Zendaya Hit Up The Reveal Of The Penthouse Inspired by Vivienne Westwood
- Rita Ora Keeps Smiling After A$AP Rocky's 'Better Things' Song Diss
- Rashida Jones Talks 'Hot Girls Wanted' & Porn: It's Almost Part Of Our Mainstream