Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
University of Virginia School of Law
Why he matters: Participant Media, a studio that tries to make films with positive social messages, has been a longtime client, and Brearton recently helped it raise $100 million to finance movies. He also helped Participant invest in the Audience, a company co-founded by WME’s Ari Emanuel and Napster co-founder Sean Parker that manages social media for celebrities. Brearton represented American Media Productions in the upcoming launch of SportsNet LA, a regional network for the Los Angeles Dodgers, and represented Univision in a joint venture with ABC.
Big deal: Participant purchased Documentary Channel and Halogen TV and combined them to make Pivot, a cable channel that will launch in the summer, and Brearton represented the venture every step of the way. “Despite Participant’s reputation as being more liberal, they’re trying to make Pivot extraordinarily nonpartisan,” he says. “John McCain’s daughter is a host of one of the shows.”
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014