THR Names Music's 35 Top Hitmakers
This story first appeared in the Feb. 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Like his native New York City, Claude Kelly’s resume is a virtual melting pot -- of pop. Be it Miley Cyrus' “Party In The USA,” which reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2009, or Bruno Mars’ 2010 chart-topper “Grenade” or Jessie J’s inescapable “Price Tag,” chances are, you’ve been singing along to Kelly’s lyrics. The 32-year-old Berklee College of Music grad says the strangest place he's heard his songs was "in church! I've heard gospel versions of 'Grenade.' It's flattering, but are you really singing a sex/love song in church?"Click here to read THR's complete Pop's Top 35 Hitmakers list.
- Exclusive Photos of A$AP Rocky Chilling, Blazing With an Artist Pal
- The End of the Tour Trailer: Jason Segel Goes Full Capote As David Foster Wallace
- Fred Armisen, Zosia Mamet, Vanessa Bayer Re-create Golden Girls for Jenny Lewis
- ‘We Have Lost the Ability to Flush the Toilet’: Art-Festival Culture in Istanbul
- Jason Statham Dishes on Working With Pretentious Actors
- Tom Cruise Always Wants to Give His Audience Their 'Money's Worth'
- Bruce Jenner Fires Back at Lawsuit Over Wrongful Car Crash Death
- Zosia Mamet, Fred Armisen, & Vanessa Bayer Recreate the 'Golden Girls' for Jenny Lewis' 'She's Not Me' Video - Watch Now!