Power Lawyers 2011
Gilbert-Lurie's low-key style masks a high-powered client list: Sandra Bullock, Dick Wolf, Tina Fey and Hugh Laurie, to name just a few. This year he closed rich deals for Bullock to star opposite George Clooney in Gravity and join Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, in which she co-stars with Tom Hanks. Client Claire Danes stars in the upcoming Showtime series Homeland. Dealmaking has become much trickier, he says, because "there's more complexity, given all the new digital platforms." Gilbert-Lurie's idea of a perfect escape is to turn off his Blackberry, iPhone and iPad, all of which he carries with him. "One can always dream," he says.
- A 'Bachelor' Casting Call Is Pretty Much Like Being In Vegas, And NOT In A Good Way
- Carrie Underwood Covers Wiz Khalifa's 'See You Again' Like A Boss
- Comedian Kurt Braunohler Is Driving A Giant Butt Across The Country, Because America Needs This
- Sandra Bullock On Media's Treatment Of Women: 'It's Become Open Hunting Season'
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It’s Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He’s the Best
- Paul Rudd Can’t Resist a Good Fart Joke
- What’s a Good Post-Divorce Show? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Adam Driver Premieres His Film 'While We're Young' in Paris
- 'The Dukes of Hazzard' Pulled From TV Land Schedule After Confederate Flag Controversy
- Watch Stephen Colbert Hilariously Interview Eminem on 'Only in Monroe' Public Access Show
- Rachel Bilson Doesn't Mind a 5am Poop Diaper If It Comes with This View!