Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
George Washington University Law School
Why he matters: Jacobson is the man behind some of the industry’s most powerful women, having negotiated hefty new deals for A&E Networks’ incoming CEO Nancy Dubuc, NBCUniversal’s cable chairman Bonnie Hammer and Warner Bros. marketing chief Sue Kroll. Other clients include ever-busy Ryan Seacrest, rising star Channing Tatum and Ben Silverman’s Electus.
Big deal: Earlier this year, he joined the board of media conglomerate Tribune Co., which emerged from bankruptcy in late 2012. He says he was lured by the opportunity to be part of a corporate makeover under CEO Peter Liguori and to be able to make pivotal decisions about the future of such challenged businesses as newspapers and local TV stations. “It’s fun to be at the table thinking about that,” he says. “They are big questions with big answers and big ramifications.”Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million
- Nina Dobrev & Damon Wayans, Jr. Play 'Let's Be Cops' at Comic-Con 2014
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!