Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
George Washington University Law School
Why he matters: Jacobson is the man behind some of the industry’s most powerful women, having negotiated hefty new deals for A&E Networks’ incoming CEO Nancy Dubuc, NBCUniversal’s cable chairman Bonnie Hammer and Warner Bros. marketing chief Sue Kroll. Other clients include ever-busy Ryan Seacrest, rising star Channing Tatum and Ben Silverman’s Electus.
Big deal: Earlier this year, he joined the board of media conglomerate Tribune Co., which emerged from bankruptcy in late 2012. He says he was lured by the opportunity to be part of a corporate makeover under CEO Peter Liguori and to be able to make pivotal decisions about the future of such challenged businesses as newspapers and local TV stations. “It’s fun to be at the table thinking about that,” he says. “They are big questions with big answers and big ramifications.”Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Do I Really Need to Watch Empire? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- The New Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Finally Shows Paul Bettany’s Vision
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Recap: Trippin’ in Amsterdam
- Self/less Trailer: Imagine You Looked Like Ben Kingsley But Then Got to Look Like Ryan Reynolds
- Daniel von Bargen Dead - 'Seinfeld' Actor Dies at 64 From Undisclosed Illness
- Courteney Cox Calls Ed Sheeran 'Amazing' For BRIT Awards 2015 Performance
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Final Trailer Released - Watch Now!
- Scott Eastwood Goes Shirtless, Spoofs the 'Bachelor' in 'Bachelor for Dogs' Video - Watch Now!