THR Ranks Hollywood's 25 Most Powerful Stylists
WHY SHE MATTERS
A styling veteran, Ehrlich is a rarity in that she juggles stylish Hollywood award winners such as Penelope Cruz and Amy Adams along with fashion “It” girls from Allison Williams to Jessica Pare. And credit Ehrlich for Tina Fey’s geek-to-chic makeover, including this year’s Golden Globes triumph, where the night’s co-host appeared in two custom L’Wren Scott gowns.
Cruz, Adams, Williams, Pare, Fey, Kyra Sedgwick, Ashley Greene
HER NEW GIRL
Two type A’s are better than one: Ehrlich and Girls actress Williams immediately bonded when the rising starlet arrived with a binder in hand for their first meeting. “I showed her all of these things that I’d been pulling out of magazines for years,” says Williams. “She was very polite.” Williams’ dream was to wear Oscar de la Renta on the red carpet; Ehrlich cautioned her it could take a while to land the spoils of such a major designer. But with Ehrlich on the case, it happened after only three months. “Wearing the Oscar dress at the Emmys was really special,” says Williams of her sculpted emerald peplum gown.
GETTING OSCAR GLAM
The Master nominee Adams saved the best for last this awards season, stepping out in a frothy dove-gray ballgown, also Oscar de la Renta, at the Oscars. Ehrlich also loved Williams’ cap-sleeve brocade Valentino gown for the Vanity Fair party. “It was pretty major.”
Bandages by Compeed to combat killer stilettos. “I discovered them in Europe,” says Ehrlich. “They’re like a second skin and really do protect the areas where blisters tend to form.”
BEYOND THE RED CARPET
CE by Cristina Ehrlich is sold exclusively on QVC; she’s also the brand ambassador for women’s apparel retailer Coldwater Creek and Pandora jewelry.
- R&B Star Estelle on Industry Pressure: 'I'm No More Grace Jones Than I Am Norah Jones'
- 60-Year-Old Given Chance To Live Out His Dreams Completely Owns The Stage
- No Cameras Allowed: How Sneaking Into Coachella Led to Career as One of the Most Desired Photographers in Music
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Rips Off His Shirt In Europe's Strongest Man Competition
- Zoe Saldana Can't Do the Ice Bucket Challenge Because of Her Pregnancy, So Hubby Marco Perego Steps In (Video)
- Dita Von Teese on Body Insecurities: I Replace Negative Thoughts & Never Point Out 'Flaws'
- Diane Kruger's Hot Pink Sneakers Capture Our Attention!
- Alexander Ludwig 'Stands Tall' for JJ Spotlight! (Behind the Scenes Photos)