The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
Aloni sees plenty of parallels between his career and his hobby.
"[Collecting] is like representing filmmakers," he says. "It's fun to represent people that are established, but also those that are starting out and help develop their careers." Thus Aloni's pop-inflected collection of abstract and text-based paintings, which he scouts for alongside friends like Alan Hergott, includes pieces from established artists like Christopher Wool and Lawrence Weiner as well as up-and-comers such as Garth Weiser and Lucien Smith.
"Being in the representation business helps in terms of figuring out where people are going in their careers, who's interesting and why," he tells THR.
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'
- Nude Chelsea Handler Gets Confronted By Ellen DeGeneres In Funny 'Chelsea Lately' Finale Skit - Watch Now!