TV's Top 50 Showrunners 2010
Harmon's first showrunning job led to some unexpected compilations in Season 1. "We planned that our lead Jeff (Joel McHale) would go from lone wolf to being part of a family in 12 (episodes), but after six, I thought, 'Well, he's already there.' " That meant scrambling to compensate for character development in the second half of the season. "We got less 'Office-y' and more '30 Rock-y,' " he explains with a characteristic pop culture reference.
Favorite TV Moment: The series finale of "Quantum Leap." "I remember watching that as a young kid and going, 'Holy crap, it's a time travel show and it's killing me.' "
Big Break: "Ben Stiller gave me my first big break in TV -- we did a pilot ('Heat Vision and Jack'). It was critically well-received but failed. Still, that led to my seduction and now full immersion in television."
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!