THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
"Hey, everyone look," shouts Anne Hathaway, in character as Homeland's Carrie Mathison on Saturday Night Live, "I made a drawing of me and Brody kissing" -- she pauses, her bottom lip quivering as she points to a corkboard cluttered with clues -- "for the investigation."
Taran Killam, playing former P.O.W. and Carrie love interest Nicolas Brody, hollers back in an angered tone: "Carrie! That's a secret that only everyone knows."
The Homeland sketch, which premiered on SNL three days earlier, is being replayed for the 50 or so 20th Century Fox Television employees gathered Nov. 13 for a weekly staff meeting. Chairman Dana Walden and her army of executives are now roaring with laughter as the five-minute spoof continues.
"Any time you get a show like Saturday Night Live willing to devote an entire sketch to a show, you know you're doing something right," says Walden, 48, who had been given a heads-up about the skit by Hathaway's manager (Hathaway had reached out to Claire Danes earlier in the week as well). And Walden, a 20-year veteran of the News Corp.-owned company, is no stranger to doing things right, as evidenced by her intimate involvement in such cultural phenomenons as The X-Files, Ally McBeal, 24 and Glee during her career.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup