The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
The Sex and the City alum has been "collecting seriously" for a decade.
As befits a trustee of MOCA, Star (whose mother was a museum docent) credits it with raising the game in Los Angeles. "MOCA added a level of sophistication that didn't exist; it defined contemporary art in L.A.," says Star, who collects Southern California artists such as Mike Kelley, John Baldessari and Ed Ruscha.
"I remember in my 20s, right out of UCLA, what an important place MOCA was and that it can't be allowed to falter." (The museum currently is on the hunt for a new director.) Star prefers to live with his collection -- "I don't have a lot of pieces in storage" -- and avows that "I've never sold a piece of work. Hopefully, it'll pan out someday."
- T-Pain on What Happened to His Aaliyah Collaboration, Furious 7, and FKA Twigs' Engagement to Robert Pattinson [Updated]
- Patricia Arquette Will Follow Up Her Oscar Win With a Memoir
- Pete Holmes on How the Comedian Became the Modern-Day Philosopher
- Ed Sheeran Fits Right in With the Cast of Sesame Street
- You Can Own a 'Magic Mike XXL' T-Shirt with Channing Tatum's Shirtless Torso On the Front!
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Epic Return to 'American Idol,' Sings 'At Last' & 'Heartbeat Song' - Watch Now!
- George Clooney & Sacha Baron Cohen Hug It Out After Dinner
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Look Too Cute Together in New Pic