The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
The Sex and the City alum has been "collecting seriously" for a decade.
As befits a trustee of MOCA, Star (whose mother was a museum docent) credits it with raising the game in Los Angeles. "MOCA added a level of sophistication that didn't exist; it defined contemporary art in L.A.," says Star, who collects Southern California artists such as Mike Kelley, John Baldessari and Ed Ruscha.
"I remember in my 20s, right out of UCLA, what an important place MOCA was and that it can't be allowed to falter." (The museum currently is on the hunt for a new director.) Star prefers to live with his collection -- "I don't have a lot of pieces in storage" -- and avows that "I've never sold a piece of work. Hopefully, it'll pan out someday."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!