Reality TV: THR's 50 Most Powerful List
After a boom year at the media giant Endemol -- record cable offerings, the opening of a production studio for scripted efforts, finalizing plans for its first talk show -- reality remains the bread and butter for Goldberg, 47, currently in his 11th year with the company.
While producing such stalwarts as Big Brother, Wipeout and Jerseylicious, Goldberg also recently has seen the exits of longtime hits Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and the briefly revived Fear Factor. On the bright side, the L.A.-based Goldberg has Think Like a Man creator/comedian Steve Harvey, whose September-bound talk show already has sold 90 percent of ads. “If you really hit it, talk shows can make more money than about anything in television.”
Up next: Jenny McCarthy joins the second season as host of NBC’s successful Love in the Wild, and Endemol plots three new reality pilots.
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Behati Prinsloo Marries a Lookalike Adam Levine in Tommy Hilfiger's Latest Campaign
- You Could Dine with Aaron Paul, Nina Dobrev, & More in Support of the Kind Campaign!
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl 2015 Halftime Show Will Be Epic - More Details Revealed!
- Chelsea Handler Shares a Topless Photo with Star of David Nipple Pasties