THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
She’s the gatekeeper for the entire DC brand, which includes films like The Dark Knight Rises ($1.08 billion in worldwide grosses) and such TV series as The CW’s new high-performing drama Arrow and various shows on Cartoon Network. Simply put, if you are a producer and you want to develop one of DC’s characters, you have to go through Nelson, 45. She also oversaw the relaunch of the entire line of DC Comics and created a plan for same-day digital comics on all platforms and partnering with Warner Bros. to develop new projects.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: I was living in San Francisco in 1989 and working in advertising.
Who gave me my first big break: [Former Warners execs] Mary Murphy Conlin and Sandy Reisenbach, my mentor when I was at Warners.
When I leave work each day, I can’t wait to: Hug my kids and my golden retrievers.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: Read books. That’s my escape.
My indulgence: Chocolate chip cookies.
Can’t get through my workday without: Iced tea.
Most surprising music on my iPod: Everything recorded by Eminem.
Totally starstruck around: Roger Federer.
What I’d tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: “Figure out who you are as best you are able and hold to it despite the distractions and temptations.”
Embarrassed to admit I watch: The Newsroom, but I stick with it!
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe
- Now That You've Seen Snowpiercer, Which Other Movies Should You Watch From Director Bong Joon-ho?
- Hannibal Producers on Clarice Starling’s Arrival and Who Survived the Massacre
- Morgan Freeman Tries Helium Again for Jimmy Fallon
- Ian Somerhalder Heads to Comic-Con After Looking Lovey Dovey with Rumored Girlfriend Nikki Reed
- Matt Bomer Accidentally Gropes Liv Tyler in 'Space Station 76' Trailer
- Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale Head on Vacation with Family!
- Mad Men's Jessica Pare Takes Advantage of Her Free Time After Filming Wraps!