Power doesn’t come easily in the digital content world.
Despite the buzz about the iPad or Foursquare, audiences and revenues generated by programming on PCs and wireless devices are still a pittance compared with such established media as film and TV. But, measured by the more intangible metric of influence, even the slightest innovation can portend big changes to come in the evolving media business.
Which makes the accomplishments of the 50 men and women highlighed in The Hollywood Reporter’s third annual Digital Power issue worth noting. To best reflect an industry sector that flouts tradition, Digital Power isn’t a traditional “power” list.
No amorphous quantifications of clout here; these simply are the people you need to watch if you want to stay abreast of how the content business is being revolutionized.
That guiding principle applies to execs at white-hot success stories like Twitter and turnaround specialists trying to work their magic on beleaguered assets like MySpace.
If there’s one quality that epitomizes all of these people, it’s ambition. Look no further than this year’s Digital Power Player honoree, David Eun, who left Google in March to head content efforts at AOL, a company that has reprioritized to make content its true focus.
If taking a business once known as the Internet’s gateway and remaking it into a Time Inc. for the 21st century doesn’t represent a power play, nothing does.
Chief digital officer and chairman/CEO of digital group, News Corp.read more
Executive vp and deputy group head, Hearst Entertainment & Syndicationread more
President, Paramount Pictures Digital Entertainmentread more
Managing director, Fuse Capitalread more
President of digital, Electusread more
Vp and director of brand content, Digitasread more
CEO, Worldwide Biggiesread more
Founder and co-president, Ustreamread more
Co-president, MySpaceread more
CEO, Huluread more
GM of content and programming, MSNread more
GM, North America, Dailymotionread more
GM, Vuduread more
Senior vp and GM, CBSSports.comread more
CEO, Sonic Solutionsread more
Executive vp, sales and marketing, DivXread more
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress