TV's Top 50 Showrunners 2010
The recent news that Ellin's Hollywood comedy will end next summer wasn't a shock to him. "We knew last year that Season 8 was only a maybe, so we decided to do a strong seven," says Ellin, who has had a hand in writing every episode. He's now working on a new idea for HBO, and there's still the possibility of an "Entourage" movie. Not bad for a guy with no TV credits before selling his show in 2002. "I'm a million times better at everything now," he says. "I don't know if I'm any good, but I am having fun."
Favorite TV Moment: "On 'All in the Family' I saw this episode at age 8 or 9 where a swastika was painted on the Bunkers' front door, and a guy from the Hebrew Defense League shows up to help. He ends up getting blown up in his car. I was like, 'My God, this is a comedy?' The idea that you could do a brilliantly funny show that was poignant was affecting to me."
Big Break: "Knowing Mark Wahlberg, of course. He was gracious enough to give me his life story and ask me to do something with it."
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)